Presenters & Panelists: Proposal Submission
Call for Proposals
Deans and Assistant and Associate Deans from CCAS Member Institutions are cordially invited to submit proposals for presentations at the CCAS 2017 Annual Meeting in Denver, Colorado. Proposal Deadline: April 15, 2017.
Proposal Submission Form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CCASProposals
Guidelines for Proposals:
- Proposals must include title, abstract, intended session outcomes, and information on all presenters and must be submitted using the SurveyMonkey link above.
- Proposals should follow one of the designated session modalities.
- Proposals may, but are not required to, address one of the outlined themes and sub-themes. The planning committee intends that half of the selected sessions will relate to the themes.
- Approximately 25 concurrent sessions will be identified (in addition to sessions submitted on behalf of CCAS Standing Committees), targeting a diverse array of CCAS member institutions and participants.
- Session formats are now more flexible, with the following proposed modalities:
- Traditional Panel of 3
- Expert Presenter (could be a dean with scholarly expertise, or outside expert)
- Paired Theory/Practice Presentations (either in single presentation or back-to-back presentations)
- Author Meets Critic
Important Notes for Presenters:
- Presenters must be CCAS Members at the time of the CCAS 2017 Annual Meeting, unless special permission is granted (for external experts).
- Presenters must be registered for the CCAS 2017 Annual Meeting for the day of their scheduled presentation, if they are not registered for the full conference.
- Presenters will be provided with an optional PowerPoint presentation template; slides will be collected by October 23, 2017 (for those wishing to have their slides shared online in advance).
- All presentations must include session take-aways or outcomes.
- Laptops are not available; presenters must bring their own laptops and clicker devices.
- Presenters must indicate audiovisual needs prior to August 1, 2017. Options include internet access, screen, projector, and microphones (lapel, podium, and handheld).
- WHOVA will offer additional features for presenters, including live polling. More information will be available to selected presenters after May 1st.